Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sunday

600am and out to Red Rocks Canyon. Drove the loop tour and saw some interesting rock formations. Very few people. More motor cycles than people there for the hiking/sights. The loop being one way and perfectly paved drew dozens of sport bike riders "mildly exceeding" the posted 35mph. Sounded neat at first echoing off the canyon side. An hour later it was pretty annoying. And I am a passive fan of the sound at that.
If you have 27 year old bonded front teeth, I do not recommend Nature Valley granolla bars. Jaw muscles easily exceed molecular fracture tolerances. 1/4 front tooth down the hatch. Didnt even feel it till I finished the first bar.
Colud have been much worse.

Hiked up a trail who's name I do not recall to a waterfall. Was hopefull given the heavy rain storms that came through the day before there may be some running water. A pretty rugged hike. A guy with 2 kids and a boxer came along a bit later as I was farting with the camera settings. I overheard him say to his kids that he was sorry but forgot his phone in the car and can't get a picture. I offered to take it for him and email it to him.Turned out his brother is the drummer for The Killers. If I have heard of them, they must be pretty big. Observed tour of hot colored 3 wheeled hybred scooter/horse chariots piloted by a mix of tourists, some of whom looked terribly out of place to the point they may have lost a bet.


Rio Car equivelent: 2010 Black Honda accord coupe loaded with leather, lowered, but tastefully, stock exhaust.
Headed to Rio for dinner at Carnival World Buffet. Billed as the largest and  best in Vegas. It was the size of a small Kroger and had 300 choices. Food was very good. Many veg options. I don't get why Americans are overweight.

Drove over to Ballagio parking garage and dug out the camera. Time to play with some night photos and see/record the fountain show. (TBC)

No comments:

Post a Comment